I’m now well underway with my ‘wear-everything-in-the-wardrobe’ project, and so far, I’ve discovered the following:
- I get really irritated by tights.
- I like dresses, but only if they don’t involve tights.
- I adore jeans and trousers, mostly because they’re not tights.
- I’ve rarely wear heels, and if I do, they’re clogs. I love a good loafer.
- I love a peter pan collar, statement necklace, intarsia jumper (Joules latest are the BEST) or shirt.
- Prints are always acceptable. Especially when worn together. Head to toe.
- I shy away from crop tops, anything torn or distressed (I have two children, there is enough distress in my life at the moment, without it creeping into my clothing) and anything uncomfortable or too trendy.
- If it was socially acceptable, I would probably just wear pyjamas.
|Jacket – Charity Shop // Shirt – Charity Shop // Necklace – Primark // Jeans – eBay // Shoes – Kate Kanzier|
This latest outfit is entirely second hand, apart from the shoes and bib-necklace – the shoes were a recent impulse buy, after looking at them way too many times on the website, and the I’ve had the necklace for years. It comes from (I can barely bring myself to say it) Primark, and I’ve glued heaps of the beads on time and again, but on the whole it’s still going strong.
I’ve not had a lot of time to write long posts over the last couple of days, as I’ve been crafting away at my sun drenched desk, writing for various places and chasing the two monkeys around the garden. There’s been a fair bit of planting, and quite a bit of burning of food as well (charcoal has nutrients in it, right?), so I’ll leave you some pictures of my recent activities. Oh, and our first family portrait. Ahem.
|Adventures in washi tape|
|Lino carving and printing|
|A sneak peek at a project I’m working on. Fingers crossed it turns out as planned…|
|I think this sums us up nicely.|
Happy Bank Holiday weekend, friends!