Weekends for me usually include a combination of work, errands, cleaning and separating two wrestling children; this weekend though, we’re lucky enough to be heading off to rural Wales to stay in the beautiful Welsh House cottage, Bryncyn. There’s no TV, no WiFi, no neighbours and no noise (apart from the noise we’ll be making!), and according to the website it offers ‘complete rural seclusion’, which is fine by me. We’re taking board games, books, magazines and waterproofs, and plan to spend two days doing as little as possible for as long as possible. While we’re there, we’re hoping to:
- Visit Caws Cenarth, a local artisan cheesemaker. Cheese is my absolute favourite food (apart from Chocolate!) and I’m planning on bringing a haul home with me!
- Head into Newcastle Emlyn for a wander, and hopefully find some lovely handmade bits and pieces.
- Play cards, scrabble, read and snooze in front of the woodburning stove (an absolute luxury!)
- Get our wellies on and explore the local countryside, gathering flowers and foliage.
- Eat an absolute shitload of lovely local food.
- Drink a ridiculous amount of tea.
- Knit and crochet – this is actually work, but it never feels like it!
What are you up to this weekend? Have a good one, whatever you’re doing!
The beautful image at the top is by Katy Orme, who writes the lovely Apartment Apothecary blog. You can see her post on Bryncyn here (and then head off and feast your eyes on the rest of her posts!)