I’ve made so many cushion covers, and have numerous piles of granny squares in different colours, sizes and yarns, so I’ve decided to turn my hand to making something that is actually wearable. Finding a pattern for a vintage-esque cardigan that was crocheted and not knitted was a bit of a mission to be honest – but as usual, Ravelry delivered the goods. I wanted a sort of mustard-y coloured yarn to begin with, but then decided to go with something more muted, as most of my tops, dresses and blouses have quite distinctive prints on them. I’ve already had to unravel it once, when I discovered that I’d missed a stitch and the left hand side had a fairly obvious slant to it. I used to be of the ‘never-mind-cobble-it-together-I’m-sure-it’ll-be-fine’ school of thought, but the older I get, the more of a perfectionist I become. Which is probably why I haven’t actually finished many projects….