Finally, after much procrastinating, and veering off onto other things, I can present my first finished-project-post in my new blog-home. The stripey cushion cover gave me a lot of grief from the word go – flat circles are (for me, anyway) something that require lots of concentration and careful counting. Not the best thing to do with one eye on the blogs and one on Eastenders, then. But eventually this evening, I decided that enough was enough, and that I was fed up with a cushion pad and half a cover taking up space on my lovely cabinet in the hallway, and I got my finger out and finished it. Hurrah!

I backed it with some floral fabric I bought in a charity shop – several metres worth for about £1.99 – which I’ve already used for one of the cushions I made for my Mum’s birthday. Its a lovely thick cotton, and always sews together really nicely, and I do love the pattern. All in all, it’s not the most spectacular of creations, but it’s been going on for so long that I’m just glad it’s finished!

I’ve also started working on a giant patchwork granny blanket, using the wool the Husband bought me for my birthday. The colours are utterly delicious, and it crochets up like a dream – all my trebles just sit happily next to each other, tidy little rows jostling together. How I’ll go back to splitty Stylecraft wool, I don’t know!

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous
    March 10, 2011 / 9:45 am

    That crochet cushion cover is beautiful! I love it! I am also making a patchwork granny blanket at the moment, although I'm knitting mine. I have never tried crochet…

Leave a Reply